Translation is a passion and a profession. Probably in that order.
Translators are often trained in other professions before they start translating, which is certainly true for me. I studied law and later worked as a marine engineer before starting my translation training.
Translation and editing
I provide translation and editing services for your business – English and Spanish source texts into flawless Dutch to help your business thrive.
Your product manuals and brochures need translating? Look no further and contact me for a technical translation. If you cannot make sense of your Dutch legalese in contracts or tender documents, I will help translating these legal texts into English. I also enjoy helping companies sound better in Dutch. When translating is just not enough, you can hire me for transcreation.
I also enjoy interpreting assignments (consecutive) (English – Dutch – Spanish), e.g. during business meetings, training sessions or workshops.
I helped Spanish engineers and their Dutch teacher at Wärtsila (marine engines), I was present when operators were trained in the use of the new beer factory (Grolsch), I crawled under trains with the drivers of the Utrecht Sneltram and their Spanish teacher. I also interpret at the civil-law notary when a sales contract for a house is executed (EN-NL-EN) and at business meetings, such as between a Dutch and a Spanish onion grower.
- Established as a translator in Northern Spain (2004) and in the Netherlands (2019)
- Sworn translator Dutch-English and English-Dutch (wbtv no. 260219)
- Dutch law degree (LLM), IOLET certified (Diptrans, diploma in translation)
- Training courses in legal and financial translation, interpreting, SEO, among others
- Translations for the European Parliament (2007-2008), EU (2016-2020), European Commission (2020/2021)